Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mystery Drink

I have been asked what I am drinking in the pic I posted yesterday. This is interesting. I am drinking coconut juice. Out of an actual coconut. You can buy these on the beach in Brazil for $1. You go to the stand, order a coconut juice and a guy picks one out of a barrel, whacks the top off with a machete and puts a straw in it for you. The juice is an interesting and acquired taste. When you are finished drinking the juice (and there is a lot of it), you give the shell back to the same guy and he wields his machete again and slices it so that you can eat the meat out of it. It is fresh and healthy, and you see a lot of joggers and exercise types drinking it after a jog on the beach. I am not drinking some exotic mixed drink, although Brazil is full of those too. Just coconut juice. But it was an experience and that's what I'm here for.
It is 12:27 a.m. and I am just getting in from a Rotary meeting. I am about to drop. I'll post later today!
Tchau,
Shannan

No comments:

Post a Comment