Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tribute to the fam...




I am having a wonderful time in Brazil. I'm learning so much and my horizons are being broadened daily. I know for sure that I am forever changed because of this experience. It is important for me at this juncture to give a little tribute to my family. I am convinced that I have the best family in the world. My parents, brothers, sister-in-law and niece are my foundation in this life, and they are so loving and supportive of everything that I do. There is no way that I could be gone for a month without their help and support and knowing that my home and other things will be taken care of. Most of all, their prayers and love are what make me appreciate home even more now that I am officially a world traveler!
My family is very close, and May is a big birthday month. I have missed our annual celebration of the birthdays of my brother Jared (5/23) my father (5/24), and my niece (today). I miss you all, and wish you wonderful birthdays. I love you so much, and thanks for giving me the roots to know that I can always come home and the foundation that allows me to pursue opportunities such as this Rotary exchange and wings that give me the courage to follow my dreams. Although I am not there with you in person, know that I am thinking of you.

By the way, I LOVE getting comments. It makes me feel a little less homesick. Judy, thanks for always having something sweet to say. Paula, I would be honored to fill out that application. Mattie, I am just following your example;-) Mike, don't touch my car(just kidding...no, not really;-). Thank you all for being such good friends.

I am posting pix of the fam. Happy 6th birthday, Madisyn Nicole. Seems like just yesterday that I was saying, "Welcome to the world, baby girl." Our adventures will continue, sweet pea. You are such good girl and I am so proud of you.

Back to Brazil. Next post, we SAMBA!!!!!
Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment